The UUPCC maintains close contact and good relations with the US Embassy Consular Section in Bucharest Romania to assist member congregations in arranging visits to the United States for Romanian partners.
It is very important for the applicant to understand they must bring proof of ties to convince Embassy officials that they will honor the conditions of the visa and return to Romania.
The documents listed here explain the process, provide you with sample letters of invitation and tell the story of a recent experience of one minister. Spending some time reading the resources here will make sure that the applicant is prepared for the Consular appointment. While all of these materials are specific to Romania, in general the process is similar in any country where a visa is required.
- A Recent Visa Application Experience (PDF) by Rev. Gyero David, Minister, the Unitarian Congregation in Kolozs and Councilor, Headquarters of the Unitarian Church in Transylvania
- Visa Application Fundamentals (updated May 2011) for Romanians and Their U.S. UU Partners (PDF)
- U.S. Embassy's Group Visa Application Process (PDF)
- Sample letter of support for minister (updated Feb 2016)
- Sample letter of support from UUPCC (updated Feb 2016)
- Sample letter of invitation (updated Feb 2016)
- U.S. Embassy in Romania Website